The HD 650 is richly detailed and offers a natural sound that is smooth, effortless and relaxing to listen to. You will quickly become captivated with their expressiveness and emotion whilst also enjoying their absolute control and precision.
The HD 650s feel luxurious with a thickly padded headband and ear cushions with a high-tech lightweight titanium-silver finish that is both understated and elegant. An open-back design ensures the sound is natural.
- Hand-selected headphone drivers with precise left and right matching tolerances (± 1 dB) for accuracy
- The bespoke damping element, made from fine acoustic metal mesh, ensures a precise damping over the entire diaphragm surface and is highly constant in all climates
- Computer-optimised neodymium magnet systems are used to minimise distortion
- The custom modulated detachable cable is made from highly conductive OFC copper and is Kevlar-reinforced for strength. Very low handling noise
- A 3 m dual-sided cable terminates in a gold plated 1/4" jack plug (with an adaptor lead to a 3.5 mm jack plug)
Some time in use is recommended for these headphones to sound optimal. The HD 650 is not just for critical listening or classical music and is also often used by sound professionals in studios, for example, who understand that a high quality pair of headphones is crucial to their success. A dedicated headphone amp is definitely preferable, but not essential. A balanced cable will help you raise the stakes even further (CH 650S).
Sennheiser recommends this headphone for those who have a passion for headphones and for music – and who want to enjoy hours of listening pleasure in comfort. These headphones are an ideal choice for the professional recording engineer recording classical music.